What should our Christian response be to what’s going on in the nation today? Some church leaders are looking at end times scriptures and telling us to get ready. The question we should be asking is “What is God saying in this hours?”
God is definitely speaking, but are we listening?
Revelation 3:20 “Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me. “
Why is God talking to us today?
7 reasons why I believe God is talking to his children today:
- It is the nature of God to communicate. God is a speaking and hearing God. It is natural for God to communicate. It’s God’s nature to communicate. The Bible says throughout says that God speaks and wants to communicate with us.
- As human beings we are created to communicate. God is a communicator and we are made in his image.
- The Bible gives us a long history of recorded communication between God and man. God talked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day. They enjoyed fellowship, walking in the Garden. God and man hunger for fellowship. It is a nature thing for us to long for that kind of relationship with God. God spoke to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob…over and over again God speaks to man.
- Jesus said so. “Behold I stand at the door and knock.” Jesus calls his sheep by name. Sheep know the voice of the Shepherd, and he is speaking all the time.
- Over and over in the New Testament, the Bible describes how the Jesus and Holy Spirit continually spoke to the men and women of God.
- I saw God speak to my parents as a boy and I heard them speak to God in prayer for me.
- I have heard God speak to me personally.